Jessica tagged me to list 8 random things. Here is a list of 8 "random" things about my reading habits.
1. I read my horoscope. I don't necessarily "believe" in astrology, but I find horoscopes interesting. I especially like reading Susan Miller's astrology zone at the beginning of each month. I'm on the cusp of scorpio/sagitarius.
2. I visit Wikipedia at least once a day. Today I read about Michael Faraday
and the squirrel.
3. I very rarely read a book cover to cover, except for novels and poetry books, and even in those I tend to read around. If I'm reading criticism or theory, I have to read with a pen/pencil and underline a lot -- otherwise, I remember nothing.
4. I read blogs, and have recently been using google reader. In addition to poetry and feminist blogs, I also read celebrity gossip blogs. Don't judge me.
5. 8 Novels I've read multiple times since I turned 18: Sons and Lovers, To the Lighthouse, The Metamorphosis, Cane, Pride and Prejudice, Anna Karenina, Written on the Body, The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas.
6. 8 Novels I read multiple times as a child: Little House on the Prairie, Flowers for Algernon, The Black Stallion, The Red Pony, Misty of Chincoteague, The Secret Garden, Anne of Green Gables, Emily of New Moon.
7. I read, but do not follow, recipes. I hate being precise in the kitchen. It annoys me.
8. I hate reading directions that come with board games. I expect games to be intuitive. I hate that feeling of opening a board game and encountering some thick booklet of instructions.