I was tagged by Elizabeth Treadwell. She is awesome. She sent me a copy of Virginia or the mud flap girl and it is awesome. I am supposed to send her a copy of my book in return. Even though I don't have a published full-length collection. I will probably send her some chapbooks and a valentine if I can get to the post office soon.
THE NEXT BIG THING
1. What is the working title of the book?
I've been working on something called Fur Birds for about 3 years. It has multiple manifestations, including two chapbooks (one by Dusie and one in the Parrot series for Insert Press) and 3-d book arts assemblage stuff.
Right now, I have a 105 page manuscript with three sections: Fur Birds, Havens, and Notes from the Land of Hurt Feelings
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
It came from the mess of glass and glitter that is the sort of the flotsam and jetsam of the broken and brakish swampland of nostalgia and other fantastical longings. A longing for an unlearning that might take me back to creatures. A longing for dirt. A weaving through an affective geography that effectively maps states of emotional intensity without losing too much to narrative or conventional rules of grammar, syntax, and other linguistic forms.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Poetry. Mysticism. Cozy Catastrophe.
4. What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
It would be a way of looking at people and things and not so much about the actors.
5. What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?
Time is with the animal. It has a politics.
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
This is difficult for me to answer because my writing process is closest to that of a compost heap.
7. Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Living in this world. Animals. Capitalism. Spending a lot of time in the South Carolina woods when I was a teenager.
8. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
The narrator(s) may or may not be human.
9. Who is publishing your book?
I don't know.
tagging Julia Drescher, CJ Martin, gillian devereux, katy henrickson, harold abromowwitz, amanda ackerman, matt timmons.